Disney World Post Part 4: Recap {Hollywood Studios}

{Part 1}

{Part 2}

{Part 3}

I had been looking forward to Hollywood Studios day for the entire week.  It was our only table service/character breakfast, and the characters were some of Cole’s favorites: Jake, Handy Manny, and Oso.  And I am a huge fan of breakfast food, so I was anxious to get up and get going.  Breakfast started at 8am so we were at the bus by about 7:15 and arrived at Hollywood Studios by 7:45.

The park isn’t open to the public that early, so we got a pretty rare view of the empty streets and quiet calm before the storm.

The boys had a wonderful time with the characters.  They signed autographs and posed for pictures and danced with all the kids, and Cole was really excited to finally meet Jake.

The food at Hollywood & Vine was great.  Typical breakfast fare: Mickey waffles, eggs, bacon, pancakes, various breakfast casseroles, cereal, oatmeal, grits, cheese grits, fresh fruit.  I was in heaven.  I had two helpings of this delicious cheesy hashbrown casserole and thought I was going to explode.

The park was open by the time we were done with breakfast, so what do we do with such full bellies?  Why, head over to Aerosmith’s Rockin’ Rollercoaster, of course!

We decided to do that and the Tower of Terror first thing so the lines wouldn’t be that long, and I’m really glad we did.  We didn’t even get fastpasses, and the lines took about 20 minutes.  Not too bad!  We also took advantage of the rider swap feature, which allows families with small children or other special circumstances to all go through the ride without having to stand in the full line.  The first person goes through the line with a special ticket, and then when they get done on the ride they give the ticket to the other person who takes it to the fastpass line and gets to cut straight to the front.  We used this option several times and it really made things so easy.

I loved the Rockin’ Rollercoaster.  It takes off soooo fast!  And it feels really long even though it’s probably just a normal length ride.  Being indoors and in the dark really makes the ride exciting because you don’t know what is coming next.  The Tower of Terror was also really cool.  I loved the whole experience of walking through a story, and the actual ride is so much fun.  No two rides are alike so each time is a different experience.

After all that excitement we decided to walk around for awhile and check out the Animation Courtyard.  Then we hit up the Baby Care Center and visited some shops and then made our way to the Studio Backlot Tour for a rest.  This was really fun.  We got to see some stunts and special effects and got a look inside the “magic” of movies and television, and got a little break for our legs.

After the Backlot Studio Tour it was time for lunch, so we headed over to Pizza Planet for some grub.  We sat outside since it wasn’t that hot, but then had to take it indoors to the arcade because it started raining.  This was the first time it rained during the day while we were actually at a park, so I consider us lucky.  The rain cooled things down for awhile and gave us time to play in the arcade and for me to find a quiet corner on the second floor to nurse Cannon.  After the rain let up we made our way to the Muppets theatre for Muppet*Vision 3D, which was really cute.  Zac and I both love the Muppets, and this show was a lot of fun.  It was Cole’s first 3D experience, and at first he didn’t know what to make of it, but after the first few gags he started to enjoy it.  I especially loved when Sweetums came into the theatre at the end of the show.  He’s one of my favorites.

We then made our way back up to the front of HS, and it rained off and on for the next couple of hours.  In between the rain the sun came out in full force, so it was extra hot and muggy.  We got fastpasses for Star Tours and then picked up a snack while the boys took a little snooze in the stroller.  Then we got caught in another parade {WDW loves a parade} on the way back to Star Tours.  I went through Star Tours first.  It was SO much fun.  I am somewhat of a Star Wars nerd so I loved every bit of it.  The ride felt so real and was really long.  Zac went after me and loved it as well.

After Star Tours it was around 4pm, and since we had been at it since 7am that morning and Cole’s face was perpetually looking like this…

…and Cannon was starting to go a little {okay, a lot} crazy…

…we decided to spend the rest of the afternoon at CBR just exploring.

Then we went back to our village and swung by the beach, where Cole played in the sand with Zac and Cannon and I swung in a hammock.  Very relaxing, and the weather cleared up nicely so we actually got to soak up some Vitamin D.  After a quick dip in our village pool to cool off, we went back to our room to get cleaned up to go back to Old Port Royale for some dinner and the arcade.

Then it was back “home” to get rested up for our free day.

{Sorry for the length in time between posts.  I had actually forgotten to finish posting our recaps, but I’ve started planning our next trip to Disney World and it reminded me that I still had a couple more days to post.}

Like what you see? Subscribe to my RSS feed. And don’t forget to follow me on Twitter and like The House of Burks on Facebook for the latest updates!

Copy Protected by Tech Tips's CopyProtect Wordpress Blogs.