I have never gotten a blog award before! Thanks, Laura Jane! I guess I’ve always been sort of a “lone wolf” in the blogosphere. I’ve had friends here and there who blog, but I have never been part of a blogging community, if you will. Well, I guess LiveJournal counts as a blogging community. But anyway, I am very glad that Laura Jane thought of me for this award.
For the “Beautiful Blogger” award you need to:* Thank & link to the person that gave you the award.
* Pass this award on to 15 fantastic bloggers you’ve recently discovered.
* Contact said Blogs and let them know they’ve won.
* State 7 things about yourself.
Hmm, I am not sure of the extent of my readership right now. This is my newest blog incarnation, and I haven’t brought over any readers from my other blog in an effort to remain sort-of semi-anonymous and build a readership from the ground up. So if you are a reader, I’d love to hear from you so I can link to you over there on the right. Leave me a comment with your blog link!
Seven things about me:
1. I am very tall for a woman. Six feet tall, to be exact. It has its advantages, but can also be annoying.
2. I love pop culture bandwagons. Harry Potter, Twilight, True Blood, various television shows, I will give them all a try. And don’t get me started on social media. My MySpace ID only has 5 digits. Meaning I was one of the first 100,000 people to sign up. When something new comes out, I instantly sign up for it so I can say I was an “early adopter.”
3. I feel like I’m in my element as a mother. It is the most natural feeling in the world to me.
4. I’m a technophile. I love gadgets and gizmos. I don’t know what I ever did before smartphones.
5. My hubby is a stud.
6. I’ve struggled with my weight my entire life. Right now I’m really unhappy with how I look, but every time I try to diet or exercise, my milk supply tanks. That said, I’m very much looking forward to weaning so that I can get back on the exercise train hardcore.
7. We have lived in this house for four years, but it does not remotely feel like “home.” “Home” is in Birmingham, Alabama, and no other place will ever do. I hope the Mister’s career path takes us back home eventually.